- We have more time. Generally, speaking we will have more time to spend on the missions field rather than adults who have already established a career.
- We have more energy. Teens and young adults have more energy to put into missions.
- We can make a career of it (if we want to). Unlike adults who have already established a career, teens and young adults have more flexibility with where missions could lead them.
- We can play a vital part in ministering to people our own age, sometimes it is easier for a young person to relate to one another rather than an older person trying to relate to a young person.
- Missions empowers students. Mission trips often help show young people what we are good at and that can start empowering us to do God’s work globally.
- We will learn a lot. When on the mission field, students are constantly learning and and experiencing God in new ways.
- It will keep us engaged in our relationship with God. We will be learning about God and have a desire to grow in our relationship with Him.
- You can make life long friendships. A lot of the time people come from all over the world to do missions. This is a great opportunity to become friends with like minded people.
Written by Tiara Roland